Top 7 – Why Mobile Web Matters
6. Just recently, searching Google from smartphones surpassed desktop searches for the first time. Someone searching for your business on their phone expects to find what they need from your website as quickly and easily as if they were doing it from their desktop. Even if Google drops them on an interior page of your website instead of your homepage, your site needs to be compatible and reactive with their mobile devices.
5. Mobile sites download faster so visitors can browse faster; a must, considering many smartphone users are not on high-speed WiFi connections.
4. Smartphone users have very different needs when visiting your website. A well-planned mobile site quickly provides the information mobile users need, such as store hours, contact and location information. For instance, if you have multiple retail locations, does your website geolocate them showing the user where your closest location is in relation to their current position?
3. Smartphone users shop prices on their mobile devices. Consider bundling items for sale to prevent price shopping, or make it more difficult for them by customizing product names to your brand.
2. Websites without mobile integration frustrate prospective buyers, who may opt to spend their money elsewhere. This is an issue for B2B (business-to-business) companies, as well as companies selling to consumers.
Last but not least…
1. Google now penalizes websites without mobile integration, and even identifies websites that are mobile friendly when Googlers search from a smartphone. This algorithm effects the amount of and type of traffic coming to your website. Does a 10-30% decrease in web traffic effect your profits?
Does your company have a clearly defined web strategy?
If not, we can help!