Do you want to be a DTP Designer?
Design the Planet has an opening for an experienced digital graphic designer to help us save the world, one client at a time!
We’re a successful creative agency based in Greater New Orleans and we’re looking for someone to tackle complex website projects, help build and edit websites daily, and flex their creative muscles daily! If you have CMS experience (WordPress, SquareSpace, WiX), love graphic design, and efficiently generate results, this might be the job for you.
Our ideal candidate is NOT looking for a short-term commitment. We wear many hats around here, and our Digital Graphic Designer must have the ability to work in a variety of media (web, print, video, social, etc.). Equally important, we’ll help you grow and achieve your aspirations along the way. From onboarding and beyond, we’ll be there to educate and train you, help you add to your skillset and expand your horizons.
To be great at this job, you must:
- Be a motivated, self-starter, passionate about delivering pixel-perfect projects
- Have a positive vibe
- Possess extensive knowledge and understanding of WordPress and Graphic Design.
- You are a solid designer who can design for print or digital
- Can identify and troubleshoot WordPress issues quickly.
- Manage multiple projects and stick to deadlines.
- Experience designing and/or building complex, responsive, high-traffic websites with WordPress.
- Using best practices for CSS/SASS and experience with semantic HTML.
- Experience with Gravity Forms, WooCommerce, Advanced Custom Fields, and SEO.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to type 40+ words per minute (without looking at the keyboard).
- Skilled in graphic design with experience using Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, XD, Photoshop, InDesign.
- Experience with HTML Email Development, Social Media Marketing, Google Ads and Copywriting is a plus.
For this position you must be part creator and part editor/developer. Some weeks most of your days will be spent designing for web and some print, while other weeks will mostly involve website editing or improving.
Did we scare you away yet?
No? Okay, cool. Fill out the form below and we will be in contact soon!
Ready to discuss your plans for world domination or just some solid business growth?Get in Touch